Thursday, January 27, 2011

"It's All Too Much" was all too little for me

By Tiffany Young

I was pretty excited about seeing "It's All Too Much" by Peter Walsh at the library because I tend to love organizing books. However, as I dove into this one I realized it's really lacking for single people. I can see how it would be useful for families but I'd say about 85 percent of his book at least focuses on issues for families and people with big homes.

Each chapter is divided to break down what you should work on, and since I live in a rented out bedroom, I pretty much just have one room. His advice for the bedroom to keep only things related to sleep and romance? Well, that's not going to work for me, since I don't have anywhere else to keep craft projects or setup my computer.

He also seems to focus a lot on people who have really bad clutter problems of which I either don't feel I have or am in denial—don't get me wrong I do have clutter I could part with, I'm just not sure it's as extreme as the examples in the book.

All this being said, I can see how this book would be beneficial for couples who have issues that need to be worked out. He gives a lot of instruction on communicating and working together to create a shared vision and make a room fit the vision that I can see being helpful. The room by room checklist can probably help those with bigger homes tackle the problems one at a time instead of getting overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment