Monday, June 17, 2013

Review: The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun


The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun
The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I had been wanting to read this book for a while, so when a friend of mine offered to lend it to me, I jumped at the chance. I was curious how it would go, since I've been reading Gretchen's blog for a few years and, while I love the idea of the blog, had never been as inspired as I thought I should be. The book was exactly the same. While it's inspirational in a way (I love the idea of becoming more "me" and doing things I like to do instead of things I think I should want to do), I also think that many of her ideas were fairly similar and the ideas weren't that far outside the box. It also really bothered me that she would not attempt meditation, even though people kept repeatedly telling her it was the No. 1 thing for them in being happy. Granted, I realize it's HER project and not mine, it just seems like she wasn't THAT willing to try new things in order to reach her goal. Many of the things she did was just increase something she already did, such as be more polite. I've hear her new book, "Happier at Home" got better ratings than the first, so I'm still undecided on whether to give it a chance. I'd love to hear if anyone did their own happiness project, especially if they went a little more "outside the box."



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment